Attention Bank workers! Looking to earn some extra money this Year? Just to remind you …
Oxford University Hospitals Staff Bank is running an exclusive incentive from 24th December 2017 to 31st March 2018.
The scheme is available to all substantive and NHS Professionals registered nurses and clinical support staff with the aim of covering shifts and maintaining capacity across the John Radcliffe Hospital Site and a number of inpatient wards on the NOC, Horton and Churchill. The scheme is available from the 24th December and has the following enhancements:
You can earn extra this winter by providing essential cover to help ease winter pressures.
• Book into vacant shifts via the NHS Professionals booking platform
• Staff will be paid at their usual rate for additional hours worked via the bank
• In addition, staff will receive an incentive payment for working these additional hours.
• The payments reflect the number of additional hours over a rolling four-week period:
• £80 extra for 13 - 23 additional hours
• £190 extra for 23.1 - 34 additional hours
• £330 extra for 34.1 hours.
• The incentive scheme is, in addition to the above, also available to physiotherapy and occupational therapy staff working additional shifts in the Emergency Department, staff working shifts on E Ward at the NOC and covering the dialysis unit at the Horton while functioning as an inpatient facility.
• The incentive scheme applies to NHS Professionals bank only staff who work additional hours over and above the baseline of hours they worked in November 2017
Who does this apply to?
• The scheme will be available to all substantive registered nurses and clinical support staff to cover shifts in ED, adult inpatient wards, critical care units and children’s wards in the Trust.
• This scheme is also available to physiotherapists and occupational therapists who can work additional shifts in the ED department at the JR.
• This scheme is also available to staff covering shifts on E Ward at the NOC and the dialysis unit at the Horton while functioning as an inpatient facility.
• This scheme is also available to all registered nurses, clinical support staff, physiotherapists and occupational therapists that hold an NHS Professionals bank only contract who will work additional shifts in ED, adult inpatient wards, critical care units and paediatric wards at the JR.
How the payment works?
At the end of the qualifying period, NHS Professionals will calculate whether you have worked additional hours above your normal working hours and make the appropriate bonus payment
Payment runs for each qualifying period
1st Payment Run
2nd Payment Run
3rd Payment Run
- 31st January, all shifts must be authorised and released
- 9th Feb, the worker will be paid for the first period
- 28th Feb, all shifts must be authorised and released
- 09th March, the worker will be paid for the first period
- 21st March, all shifts must be authorised and released
- 30th March, the worker will be paid for the first period
As this is a manual process, the authorising ward and worker must adhere to these timescales. NHSP will only run each payment cycle noted once.
Should you have any queries, please contact your local bank office on 01865 572 707